Age of Conan
Gene D.'s Zamoran Thief for Jason E.R.'s "Age of Conan" game
Player Character: “Enki Schwetzyn”
- Role-Player: Gene D.
- Campaign: “Age of Conan” sword-and-sorcery campaign, using Savage Worlds
- Game Master: Jason E.R.
- Date created: 12 December 2016
- Date revised: 9 April 2017
- Species/nationality: Zamoran human (+1 free Edge)
- Gender: Male
- Occupation: Thief
- Rank: Seasoned
- Description: Short, average build, dark complexion (looks like Nick Tarabay in Starz’s Spartacus)
Attributes (d4 + 5 pts.):
- Agility: d10
- Smarts: d6
- Spirit: d4
- Strength: d4
- Vigor: d10
- Charisma (0+edges/hindrances): +0
- Pace (6" average): 6"
- Parry (AC; 2+1/2 Fighting): 6
- Toughness (2+1/2 Vigor; vs. damage, incl. armor): 8
Health (note Heroic healing — can make Vigor check after an encounter):
- Wounds: -1, -2, -3 (shaken), -4 (incapacitated)
- Fatigue: -2, -1
Hindrances (2 minor, 1 major):
- Curious (major)
- Fear of Magic (minor)
- Wanted (minor) — as a criminal
Edges (+1, human, see also maneuvers):
- Close Fighting: to get
- Common Bond: Can share bennies with initial partner “Karrak/Stick”
- First Strike: Once per turn, if not shaken, get free Fighting attack on adjacent foe and interrupts their action.
- Knife-Throwing (Requirements: Novice, Quick Draw, Agility d8+, Throwing d8+): In addition to basic ranged attacks, may attempt the following special maneuvers:
- The Bitter Retort (0, Parry 0): Can do nonlethal damage without a Throwing penalty when using throwing knives.
- Rain of Blades (-2, Parry 0): Can throw up to 3 knives at multiple ranged target(s).
- Steely Eyes: Can move while taking the Aim maneuver (which also applies to the Marksman Edge).
- Quick Draw: Can draw a weapon as a free action (no -2 to fire), +2 on Agility checks if needed.
Skills (15 to start.; +1d6 Wild Die)
- Climbing (Strength): d4
- Deception (Smarts; gambling): d6
- Fighting (Agility): d8
- Lockpicking (Agility): d6
- Notice (Smarts): d4
- Shooting (Agility): d4
- Stealth (Agility; incl. poisoning): d8 (+1 from Thieves’ cloak in dim light)
- Streetwise (Smarts; procuring): d4
- Throwing (Agility): d10
Other skills (* — to get?):
- Computers (Smarts):
- Healing (Smarts):
- Intimidation (Spirit):
- Investigation (Smarts): *
- Knowledge (Smarts, by specialty): Arcana, Battle, Geography, History, Lore
- Persuasion (Spirit):
- Repair (Smarts):
- Riding (Agility): *
- Steering (Agility; boating, driving, piloting):
- Survival (Smarts): *
- Swimming (Agility): *
- Taunt (Smarts): *
- Tracking (Smarts):
(d4 = 1 pt., d6 = 2 pts., d8 = 3 pts., d10 = 4 pts., d12 = 5 pts.)
Languages: Hyborian, Hyrkanian, Zamoran (literate)
- Armor: Leather suit (+1, 15 lb., 5 gold pieces, covers torso, arms, legs; usually covered in rags)
- Backpack (2 lb., 5 silver pieces)
- Bedroll (4 lb., 5 sp)
- Blanket (4 lb., 1 gold piece)
- Climbing gear (6 lb., 2 gp)
- Clothing: normal (2 gp), Thief’s cloak (+1 Stealth, 2 lb., 10 gp), winter (3 lb., 7 sp)
- Crowbar (2 lb., 1gp)
- Flint and steel (1 lb., 3 bronze pieces)
- Grappling hook (2 lb., 5 gp)
- Ivory token — to get to house of pleasure in Shadizar’s noble district
- Lantern, bullseye (3 lb. 5 sp)
- Lockpicks (1 lb., 10 gp)
- Leather satchel (2 lb., 3 sp)
- Mirror, metal (1 lb., 2 sp)
- Money, 11 g.p.
- Oil, 1 pint (2 lb., 2 bp)
- Rations: 1 week’s (10 lb., 7 sp)
- Rope, 10 ft. (15 lb., 1 gp)
- Sack, empty (1/2 lb., 1 gp)
- Soap (1/5 lb., 1 bp)
- Spikes, 10 (10 lb., 1 gp)
- Quiver for 20 quarrels (4 lb., 1 gp)
- Waterskin (1 lb., 1 sp)
- Whetstone (1 lb., 1 sp)
- Crossbow, hand (Range 6/12/24, 2d4 damage, AP 1, RoF 1, 3 lb., 50 gp; to get?)
- Daggers, 8 (Range 3/6/12, Str + d4 damage, RoF 1, 1 lb. ea., 5 sp. ea)
- Short Sword (Str + d6, 4 lb., 20 gp)
Enki was born into a poor family of cobblers in the Zamoran city of Shadizar the Wicked.
He spent most of his childhood on the streets but learned how to fight from an uncle who had served in the Argossian navy.
Enki has no qualms about stealing for a living, and he was pleased to find a sturdy ally in “Stick,” a Cimmerian Barbarian he recently met during the reign of King Conan in Aquilonia. Whether he thrives with his new companions or strikes out on his own remains to be seen.
In “The Jewel of Khadim Bey,” Enki and Karrak rescued an aristocrat, got entangled in intrigues around the Chosen of Zath, and searched for a legendary gem. They also fell in with fellow adventurers in “the Desert,” a neighborhood in Shadizar, and dealt with the Tanamar, a Turanian thieves’ guild.
In “The Dragon in Scarlet,” Enki and company learned more about sorcerers in his home city and continued their pursuit of potent jewels….
- “Enki Schwetzyn” [Gene D.]-male Zamoran human thief, knife thrower, works with Stick
- “Amani-Nataki Shabaka” [Beruk A.]-male Kushite human witch hunter, traveling with Lamech and Brogar
- “Lamech” [Brian W.]-male Shemite human, bold archer
- “Karrak/Stick” [Bruce K.]-male Cimmerian human, barbarian warrior from the massacred Ember Wolf clan
- “Nepthys” [Rich C.G.]-female Stygian human relic hunter and devotee of Ibis
- “Brogar” [Brian S.]-male Aesir human barbarian, friendly fighter with hopes of heroic acts
- “Sigurd” [Drew S.]-male Brythunian human beast master and leper, traveling with dog Yeager and Nepthys
- “Catarrin Rinj” [Byron V.O.]-male Aquilonian human noble from an unlucky family, sage and relic hunter